Asian Paints Colour of the Year 2017: Intense Ocean
FEB 21, 2017 | By Nupur Ashok Sarvaiya
Asian Paints announced Intense Ocean as the Colour of the Year 2017 at the recently concluded fifth edition of India Design ID. Intense Ocean, with its green blue pigments and grey undertones, embodies depth alongside warmth; cool with calm; it’s cosily enveloping, yet not overwhelming.
This hue has perfect qualities to uplift any humble setting and our mood board shows its many shades and uses, from darker, grey-toned moody sides to the Lapis Lazuli blue brights end of the spectrum.
1. Overall inspirationsRarely bland, never dull and always surprising, we suggest adapting an absolute Intense Ocean on walls, furniture and even accessories.
2. Soft playIf painting an overall Intense Ocean picture is too audacious for you, then choose the Asian Paints Colour of the Year 2017 as a dominating hue for accessories such as cushions and throws in gradient shades.
3. Table toppersAdd small doses of Intense Ocean on your tablescape to complement the pallid tones in your home. Tableware in the green blue pigment makes for a perfect high tea setup – pair various shades to evoke an ombre effect.
4. Asymmetrical patternsBrace the dynamic Intense Ocean shade with an innocent, neutral hue like a grey or brown. Drench your furnishings, beddings and fabrics with a pop of this colour; think of it as a red lipstick of the home!
5. Finishing touchesGraduate from walls and accessories to accents in this gorgeous hue – match the surface with smaller trimmings like stationery for a rising and falling setup.
6. Strong wavesEvery home needs a statement colour and we think Intense Ocean can be the workhorse shade of any home that draws from the dynamic shades and moods of the seas.
Also read: These Intense Ocean living rooms will inspire you to play with this trend