After a long day, all you want to do is dive into your favourite lounger. Choose from our favourite cocooned seaters to set up an idyllic spot where you can read, rewind or relish refreshing beverages.
1. Aluminium and Nido fabric “Kettal cottage” daybed by Patricia Urquiola for Kettal
2. Wicker “white round and Jawa brown” daybed from Gebe India
3. Painted steel and coloured handwoven polyethene threads “arco“ armchair by Martino Gamper for Moroso
4. Aluminium with wifera and cartenza upholstered fabric “traveller outdoor” armchair by Stephen Burks for Roche Bobois.
5. Aluminium and synthetic fibre “atmosphere” daybed from Abaca
6. Aluminium and polyester “canasta” sofa by Patricia Urquiola for B&B Italia
7. Handwoven weather resistant fibre with aluminium tubing “tigmi” deep sofa by Jean-Marie Massaud for Dedon from studio b. All prices on request, unless specified
Style a cosy nook in your humble abode with luxurious armchairs and sofas in aquatic hues. Choose from our best picks of loungers from upholstered chairs to feather-filled cosy sofas in mild periwinkle, bright azure and Yale blue.
1. Imagined by French designer Patrick Norguet, the upholstered VIC chairs and barstools feature a curved backrest that joins the seat at the ends.Website: www.pedrali.it
2. The luxurious teal Den sofa comes with a fibreglass frame, high back, sloping arms and feather filled cushions to provide optimum cosiness. Website: www.timothyoulton.com
3. Part of Italian creative Giuseppe Vigano’s collection, Mika boasts an upholstered curved body supported by a cylindrical metal base. Website: www.visionnaire-home.com
4. Acclaimed visionary Karim Rashid designed the blue velvet Ottawa with wider seats for additional comfort. Website: www.boconcept.com
1. Planet has a round shell form and is upholstered in leather along with horizontal quilted work.Website: www.i4mariani.com2. Designed by Gio Ponti, this chair features a solid American walnut body, contoured metal backrest, brass ferrules and a removable cover. Website: www.molteni.it3. Carved out of Solid timber, the nature inspired Leaf Chair fits in an outdoor setting as well as indoors. Website: www.redblueyellow.in4. Adda by Antonio Citterio features lavishly padded goosedown cushions and horizontal stitching on the armrest to accentuate its natural folds. Website: www.flexform.it5. Fil Noir chair, with its enveloping shape, is formed with a metal structure encased in polyurethane foam. Website: www.minotti.com6. With an adjustable headrest and a swivel base, the Boston armchair boasts a sleek and minimal form. Website: www.boconcept.com7. Deco Futura exhibits a bold geometry and classic form supported by mirrored, stainless steel legs. Website: www.diesel.com8. With a gently curved seat and a black welt trim, Mayfair Tufted Chair stands on mahogany legs and polished nickel casters. Website: www.ralphlaurenhome.com9. Created by Edward Van Vliet, this seater is covered with the Ikebana fabric comprising a bold floral print. Website: www.moroso.it
10. The beige seater is supported by brass legs with a matte black finish. Website: www.beyonddesigns.in
Produced by Prateeksha Kacker, Trend and Style Direction by Sonia Dutt
Also read: 5 relaxing fabrics to cosy up to this winter
Having received the brief to plan and design a new state capital for the Punjab, Le Corbusier, true to form, delivered a striking urban entity. During the Chandigarh project Le Corbusier designed several pieces of furniture for his architectural projects with his colleague and cousin Pierre Jeanneret. Charlotte Perriand also considered a seminal figure in 20th century design often collaborated with the architects.
The furniture they designed for India’s first postcolonial city has very much shaped the idea of modernist design in India. The pieces combine the modernist aesthetic with local Indian craftsmanship and materials like solid teak and rosewood. The modernist emphasis on the idea of the utilitarian was an integral element in their designs and the geometry of the work itself serves to underscore the highly rational layout of the city. I am listing down some of their most iconic pieces of furniture.
Also read: Francois Laffanour’s recreation of the Chandigarh project
Winters can make us lazy – it encourages us to stay indoors, snug and get comfortable with a warm cup of tea along with some fried nibbles. For those who miss the outdoors but are too cold to spend time sitting in the garden or the porch can bring the spirit of the outdoors inside. We suggest choosing long wooden benches that remind you of garden parties and fun brunches. Let these seaters make home in your living room and assure you that spring and summer aren’t too far away!
Also read: 6 black seaters are perfect to make a statement in your living room
For your next soiree, dare to be different. Turn your home into a hauntingly interesting abode and play with the magic of black. After all, there is no colour more mesmerising! Browse through our selection of seaters in unique shapes and scatter them around your abode. Take pride in the monotone mood you’ve created – your guests won’t stop raving about it too!
Seek inspiration from our favourite picks of the season in our 16th anniversary issue. Click here for a preview!
Also read: 4 seaters we love from Roche Bobois
Transform your living room into a snug escape to prepare for the cold months. If you’re looking to revamp your space for the winters, we recommend Furncraft Decollage’s latest line of seaters by Nitin Kohli which offers designs to suit all tastes. Each piece by the luxury label adopts a distinct personality. For instance, Julia is majestic and opulent while Karina has a clean design.
Available at: Furncraft Decollage, Ambawatta 1, Mehrauli, New Delhi 30. Tel: (0) 9717037217
Also read: 3 new co-working spaces in Mumbai you’ll love
It’s the time of the year when everything slows down to a deliciously sluggish pace. When the trees turn colour and shed their extra weight to prepare for a long bout of chilly winter. Here’s how you can prepare for mini hibernation periods on cold, breezy winter weekends – get your hands on these devilishly comfortable seaters from French luxury furniture brand Roche Bobois’ all new Autumn Collection that promise to cocoon you in a warm giant hug.
Also Read: The perfect spot for marathon reading sessions
What do you get when you bring together the booming child mobility Cybex brand with the pre-eminent designer Marcel Wanders? A trendsetting kids’ furniture line that adults will love too!
The ingenious range for children is oxymoronically titled “Parents Collection”, proving that Marcel’s dreams create a magic universe to surpass objects beyond their aesthetic value to have a deep rooted utility soul.
We love how in the Cybex by Marcel Wanders’ Parents Collection the choice of unusual materials and experimental techniques allow the emotionlessness of the industrial design to give space to poetry and romanticism as seen a high chair, rocker, bouncer, and colourful accessories for infants.
The High Chair is perfect in the modern dining rooms: it is not only the place to be for young ones but is equally coveted by adults as a stylish interior highlight. A reimagination of the classic rocker and an artistic piece, the Rocker features a plush leather seat embroidered with little monsters help your child rest easy. The Bouncer epitomises intelligent engineering and stylish design, where a contoured leather seat and soft harness embrace your child, providing safety and comfort with every magical bounce up and down.
Also read: Swiss chocolate inspired Marcel Wanders’ Kameha Grand Zurich Hotel
There’s nothing more relaxing that the idea of an indoor swing to go home to. Whether you have some extra space in your abode or an empty corner you’d like to fill up, these oscillating wonders guarantee to calm your mind like none other. They are also an instant hit with vising friends and family!
You could also throw in some decorative cushions and a duvet to make the space that extra bit comfy, also ideal to snuggle up after a long day. Unless you’re prone to motion sickness, we’re sure our selection of 7 stunning swings will not fail to impress you.
Also read: Top 3 swoon-worthy settings with Black Crow Studios wallpapers