7 of the best Indian homes featured in ELLE DECOR India this year
DEC 29, 2017 | By Reecha Kulkarni
1. This vacation home in Alibaug featured in our Aug-Sept 2017 issues luxury farmhouse is everything the city-dweller yearns for — sunlit rooms, two serene pools and views of the expansive greenery that surrounds it. Designed by Shobhan Kothari and Anand Menon of ADND, this home is the dream holiday escape.
2. This celebrity bungalow in MumbaiFeatured in our April-May 2017 issueDeanne Pandey’s 4,000 sq ft bungalow, designed by Asim Merchant, is dominated by shades of black and grey, complemented by sliding screens, long stemmed bamboo trees and filament bulbs to give it a blended aesthetic of natural and industrial.
3. This eco-friendly marvel in GoaFeatured in our Dec-Jan 2018 issueCrafted entirely from the wood of the palm tree, this serene home blends in with the greenery that envelops it. From the walls to the furniture, Ini Chatterji uses coconut tree wood to make Coconut Cove a zero-waste architectural miracle.
4. This expansive mansion in BengaluruFeatured in our Dec-Jan 2018 issue designed by Channa Daswatte, this grand home draws inspiration from Sri Lanka, with haveli-like courtyards, artwork by Laki Senanayake, slanting roofs and old carved stone pillars. 5. This medieval gothic home in MumbaiFeatured in our June-July 2017 issueTejal Mathur takes us back to the European medieval era with a grey palette, elaborate chandeliers, tobacco-stained flooring and handcrafted gothic details.
6. This private palace in Jodhpur Featured in our Feb-March 2017 issue Cathy and Roberto Nieddu refurbished an 18th-century sandstone mahal into their own private residence, mixing the old and new seamlessly.
7. This art-inspired haven in Mumbai Featured in our Oct-Nov 2017 issue hidden in the lanes of South Bombay, design enthusiast Srila Chatterjee and filmmaker Mahesh Mathai’s apartment is a treasure trove of art, travel souvenirs and stories.