11 Instagram accounts to follow for home interior inspiration
SEP 10, 2018 | By Nitija Shastri
Planning to revamp your home? Instagram has become the go-to source of inspiration for anyone looking for ways to revive their space. The next time you are stuck waiting in traffic or whiling away time on a lazy Sunday, scroll through our top favourite Instagram accounts for #designinspo
1. @design: Move over, food pics – here’s a new trend on Instagram, during Milan Design Week, Instagram introduced a new, official account dedicated only to design. With a roster of wildly talented designers and crafts, the account fires off #designgoals after #designgoals.
2. @walltraveled: Introducing a feed dedicated to curating the world’s most photo-worthy walls. @walltraveled by Rosie Clayton features bold walls and murals which make for a stunning backdrop. You could use this as an inspiration for a clever DIY home design.
3. @accidentallywesanderson: It’s no secret that we have a soft spot for Hollywood director, Wes Anderson when it comes to his larger-than-life set design, but Wally Koval, a self-professed “Anderson fanboy” extended his passion for travel and architecture with this swoon-worthy Instagram account – @accidentallywesanderson. Explore through symmetrical, atypical and distinctive design – heavily infused with pastel saturation that emulates Anderson’s defined aesthetic.
4. @mepflug: New-York based interior designer and blogger, Megan Pflug gives sneak peaks of her life in the Big Apple, DIY, décor inspiration, and, of course, her stunning projects. Her Instagram account @mepflug is a great place to glean for vintage inspiration.
5. @jonathanadler: If eclectism is your style, you must hit the follow button on Jonathan’s Adler’s official Instagram account. The designer, author, and potter has successfully managed to capture our hearts (and our Instagram feeds) with chic, modern and quirky pictures of décor pieces. We’re always curious to see what he’s up to – his Instagram account @jonathanadler does not disappoint.
6. @ihavethisthingwithfloors: A master at capturing eye-popping colours and patterns, @ihavethisthingswithfloors is no stranger to the downward-facing photo. We are completely floored by the visual treat– which curates feet over pretty floors and has a massive fan base of over 840,000 followers. You will find everything from intricate detailing to bold graphic designs. We’re plotting the bathroom of our dreams already.
7. @em_henderson: Go behind the scenes of the Los Angeles stylist and New York’s bestselling author, Emily Henderson’s design projects – which features stunning rooms designed by her as well as tips and tricks to spruce up your home. If you’re looking to decorate on a budget, @em_henderson is your gal.
8. @justinablakeneyhome: From indoor plant ideas to covetable cushion covers, a scroll through @justinablakeneyhome will give you major house envy. Instagram’s official queen of boho, Justina Blakeney is a blogger, designer and artist. We’d crawl into the screen to sink in that cosy lounging space if we could.
9. @thedesignchaser: For those who prefer a moodier aesthetic, Auckland blogger Michelle Halford’s account @thedesignchaser has everything to make your home feel expertly curated. Halford’s penchant for Scandinavian interiors reflects through the clean, neutral and minimalistic theme in the page.
10. @designseeds: Are you staring at a table cluttered with multiple paint chips? Are you too confused to decide on that perfect shade for your room? @designseeds comes to your rescue – with curated posts that break down hues in the form of a shade card. From vibrant colours and nature references in abundance, this is one account you need on your feed.