24 hottest destinations to shop from in Mumbai for the Holiday Season
DEC 22, 2016 | By Nishita Fiji
Looking to revamp your home for the new year? We’ve got your back covered. Check out our compilation of 24 stores in Mumbai that will cater to all your shopping needs from furniture pieces and accessories to kitchenware and bathroom fittings that will last beyond the Holiday Season.
1. Abaca: This store brings the treasures of South-East Asia to discerning buyers across India in the form of exquisite furniture and accessories in a variety of natural materials like abaca, rattan, banana fibre, bamboo, wool, leather, coconut shell and more.
Where: G-9/G, 10A, Laxmi Woollen Mill Estate, Shakti Mills Lane, Off Dr. E Moses Rd, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 11.
2. BARO: Involved in handmade furniture in reclaimed and old teak, BARO retails affordable pieces with a mid-century modern style.
Where: 12, Sun Mill Compound, Lower Parel Bridge, Lower Parel, Mumbai 13.
3. Kouch: With over 30 years in the field, this brand retails personalised curated furniture for homes and offices.
Where: G23, Shakti Mill Lane, Laxmi Mills Compound, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 11.
4. CeraCasa: This store is an importer and retailer of bath fittings and also is a dealer of companies like Flaminia, Globo Ceramica, Valdama all European Brands for sanitaryware.
Where: 23, Laxmi Woollen Mills Compound, Mahalaxmi (W) Mumbai 11.
5. Cottons and Satins: Founded in 2011 by Mala Sapra, Cottons and Satins by Mala has carved its niche in the home textiles market. In addition to its distinguished fabrics, it also offers cushions, bed linen, small furniture, bags and home accessories.
Where: 16, Laxmi Woollen Mills Estate, Shakti Mills Lane, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 11.
6. Defurn: Retailing luxury furniture, lighting and accessories, Defurn’s range showcases products handpicked from around the world.
Where: Block No.106, ‘B’ Wing, Prathamesh Bldg, Raghuvanshi Mills Compound, Lower Parel, Mumbai 13.
7. FCML: Headquartered in the country’s capital city, FCML is a retailer for luxury bathroom designs, eco-friendly tiles, a variety of high-end wood floors, modular kitchens and accessories as well as home decor products.
Where: S10, Laxmi Woollen Mill Estate, Shakti Mills Lane, Off Dr E Moses Road, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 11.
8. Fenesta: Fenesta specialises in the design, manufacture, installation and service of precision-engineered, customised UPVC windows and doors.
Where: 12, Ground Floor, Raghuvanshi Mills Compound, SB Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai 13.
9. Freedom Tree: The label sells an array of quirky, colourful pieces ranging from furniture and textiles to ceramics and other accessories.
Where: 31, Laxmi Woollen Mills Compound, Shakti Mills Lane, Off Dr. E. Moses Road, Mahalaxmi (W), Mumbai 11.
10. Good Earth: Founded in 1996, Good Earth offers the Indian home maker a whole new design language to enhance their personal space – objects of beauty and function in vivid colours, sensuous yet with a delicacy of design.
Where: 11/12 Raghuvanshi Mills Compound, SB Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai 13.
11. R House: The luxury store is replete with an array of stunning finds ideal to the opulent, regal styled home.
Where: 110. Dr. E. Moses Road, Next to Hotel Four Seasons, Mumbai 18.
12. Sarita Handa: This luxe label offers a range of furniture, decorative cushions, bedding and upholstery that employ techniques from traditional Indian craftsmanship in modern, contemporary designs.
Where: 36, Ground Floor, Laxmi Woollen Mills Estate, Shakti Mills Lane, Off Dr E Moses Road, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 11.
13. Tranceforme: The wide range of products by this lifestyle store includes furniture, home accessories, textiles, lighting, art and more. In keeping with the philosophy of encouraging Indian craft and design, Tranceforme regularly showcases new talent from designers both known and upcoming.
Where: F11, First Flr, Laxmi Woollen Mills Estate, Shakti Mills Lane, Off Dr E Moses Road, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 11.
14. Vaishnavipratima – The Interiors Studio: This studio showcases a range of artifacts and furniture with variety including ethnic and modern options.
Where: 6, Vasan Udyog Bhavan, Sun Mill Compound, Lower Parel (W), Mumbai 13.
15. Cerco Lighting: This one has been in the business of retailing lighting fittings since 1957. Over the years it has successfully installed lighting fittings in affluent homes, hotels, clubs and offices.
Where: 16, Laxmi Woollen Mill Estate, Shakti Mills Lane, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 11.
16. Magnolia Home: Tucked away in a quiet lane in the heart of South Mumbai, this atelier offers bespoke wooden furniture, home decor, objets d’art, inspired by the magnolia flower.
Where: 83C, Hansraj Pragji Building, Off Dr. E. Moses Road, Worli Naka, Mumbai 18.
17. Aquaarius Bath Solutions: The retail organization deals in ceramic tiles, sanitary fittings and faucets, mosaics, wooden flooring, accessories, bathroom furniture, bathtubs, saunas and spas.
Where: 9, Ground floor , Raghuvanshi Mills Compound, SB Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai 13.
18. Elementto: The lifestyle store offers a range of interior products such as wall coverings and Italian furniture. They also often collaborate with reputed international brands.
Where: Raghuvanshi Mansion, Raghuvanshi Mill Compound, 11 SB Marg, Lower Parel (W), Mumbai 13.
19. Furnitech: The one stop home store residential furniture that blends beauty and utility while also being easy on the pocket.
Where: 8A Raghuvanshi Mills Compound, SB Marg, Lower Parel (W), Mumbai 13.
20. Pinakin: The luxury lifestyle and furniture store offers signature pieces that are contemporary but also distinctively Indian as it blends modern sensibilities with native heritage.
Where: Second Floor, Raghuvanshi Mills Compound, SB Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai 13.
21. Red Blue & Yellow: Often referred to as RBY, this store that was founded by a trio of passionate Indian entrepreneurs retails distinctive furniture pieces and decor items.
Where: G/11, Laxmi Woollen Mills Estate, Shakti Mills Lane, Off Dr E Moses Road, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 11.
22. Valcucine: Products by this Italian kitchen label are designed contribute to the wellness of the user. The company has earned a reputation for its dedication to improving the ergonomics and the use of space.
Where: 8A, Raghuvanshi Mills Compound, SB Marg, Lower Parel (W), Mumbai 13.
23. The Rocking Chair Co.: Rooted in tropical hard woods and traditional craftsmanship, the brand offers a versatile range of customised furniture.
Where: The Upper Gallery By The Rocking Chair, Gala No 13, 1st Floor, Laxmi Woollen Mills Estste, Off Dr E Moses Road, Shakti Mills Lane, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai 11.
24. The Bath Shop: More of a boutique than a showroom, the store sells exclusive brands and names in luxury bathroom fittings , sanitary ware and tiles.
Where: 11/12, Raghuvanshi Mills Compound, SB Marg, Lower Parel (W), Mumbai 13.
Also read: 16 indie brands you need to shop from now